skip to content

Postgraduate Admissions

  • If you don't hold a UK or Irish passport,you are likely to need to apply for a student visa in order to move to the UK for your studies.

  • Further information for EEA and Swiss nationals on arrangements following the UK leaving the European Union is outlined on the International Students website.

  • Student visa applications require sponsorship by the University of Cambridge and must be supported by a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). This is prepared by the Postgraduate Admissions Office and issued by email when your admission is confirmed.

  • You should aim to meet your offer conditions within three months of the start of your course. This includes applying for an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate if required.

  • You must apply and obtain a student visa sponsored by Cambridge prior to coming to the UK, or be eligible to extend or switch under the student immigration route prior to starting your courseif you are already living in the UK.

  • You should apply for your visa in good time. You can familiarise yourself with the application requirements, process and advertised timeframes for a decision on the International Students website.  

Visa Restrictions

When considering what Cambridge offers and requires, you also need to think about any visa requirements, especially if you wish to bring dependants or have previously studied in the UK.